Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Summer summer summer!


Literally, tomorrow is the last day for work for this school year. For me at least. Im so excited!

It finally feels like summer!


The past three weeks have been extremely difficult with such an overload of busy-ness, and obligations that it about did me in. One day I thought I was going to implode so great was my stress. There was the girl's obligations with school...end of the year program, program practice, volleyball, end of the year party, field trip to the Mud Walk, 1/2 day here and there. There was my end of the year school stuff...Awards Ceremony, Exams, Graduation. Throw in a discipline issue that took several days, and a high level of concern amoungst the general community due to the school year ending and things being "out of the norm". Add trying to get a baby into the Early Steps program for physical therapy. Toss in E's car breaking down, a sleepover, pink eye, swimmers ear and Here's the kicker...we really DID simplify too!!We didnt partake in all events and beg gedoff what we could, and its was still overwhelming. Im so so glad its over. Today I giggled while talking to H and I stopped and said, 'I swear that is the first time I've giggled in three weeks!'


So a news update:


We got a new car. (I have yet to ride in it!) E's blue 1997 Taurus finally bit it. It wasnt like we weren't good stewards and didnt drive it into the ground. We laughed cleaning it out because there were still stickers on the passenger side visor that the girl put there when she was in gymnastics when she was three. That is funny!! We purchased a 2008 Honda Accord...at least I think that's what it is. Im horrible with cars and just let E deal with it. I know he is beyond thrilled and that it's silver and has airbags. I suppose that is enough! Im glad to see he is so happy about it though.


The girl got pink eye before Memorial Day, gave it to the Baby Girl, who gave it back to the Girl who by then had swimmer's ear to boot. Believe me when I say I was washing my hands every time I touched either one of them!


Baby Girl was diagnoised as hypotonic which means she has low muscle tone. At 8 months she is still not quite sitting up by herself and does not roll over from lying supine to lying on her stomach. She also does not bear weight on her legs. I noticed this at four months. We saw the doctor at 6 months about it and got her evaluated by Arnold Palmer Pediatric Rehabilitation three weeks ago. Although no one wants to hear their child is less than perfect, it is so good to know she can overcome this through physical therapy and that the delay can be made up. I would definately appreciate prayer that she can get into the Early Steps program which is Federally Funded (free!) and provides for a therapist to come to your house rather than you go to them. Our other option is to go for private physical therapy. A great option, but our insurance does not cover this and the sessions are $150 a 1/2 hour. Obviously, we would like her to qualify for the Early Steps Program if possible. Please pray about this. She is the happiest, sweetest baby that i have ever met. Even now she is swinging in her swing talking to herself over the passy in her mouth and holding onto her two feet. Its precious beyond measure!


What does the summer hold for us? Lots of chill time is what Im hoping for. The girl and I went through our coupon book today and she pulled all the coupons for fun things she wants to do: RDV ice skating, Semeron Skateway rollerskating, Bowling, Minature golf at Congo River, Little 500 speedway, Medieval Times. Of course we have the normal dr's physicals, dentist check ups and opthamologist visits. We also will do our typical summer events of tubing at Rock Springs, visiting the pancake house at De Leon Springs, and going to the beach. Of course throw in a myriad of sleepovers both away and at home, volleyball games, and a trip to Chicago and you have a fun summer. I know it will go fast.

4 comments:

Roses in December said...

I cannot believe Eric just let go of that blue car. I remember him driving it when he worked with me at OCS. Now I am feeling old!

I love that you call it the "passy", we called it the "passy" when we had Emily living with us. You just gave me an idea for a blog.

Hope your summer is a good one.
Bren

Stéphanie said...

Shall we add a breakfast and chat to your busy schedule? PERFECT!

Vicki said...

I will keep sweet Claire in my prayers and mommy, daddy, big sister...) Enjoy your summer. I know I'm dreaming about the general "down" time and anxious for tomorrow to get here.

Roses in December said...

Love your new blog set up.
Bren