Sunday, September 6, 2009

Pardon my lack of blogging.

Truth be told, I am still trying to settle into the school year. Zero-to Four-in-Five-Years tells me constantly that its okay that Im struggling with the demands of life right now...that ive never had a baby and an 11 year old and worked and that my carefully ordered world becomes chaotic often. Most days at the end of it, when the Girl is tucked in bed at 9, I crash either on the bed and read or on the sofa and watch television...no time or inclination to blog.

Im delighted to report though that I am finding the whole "work three days and not at home" sitaution to be very freeing. Last year when I worked one day and made up the other 12 hours at home I felt like I needed to work every day I was home in order to get my hours in. Now, I dont even turn on the computer (well, okay, i do) when I am on my days of not working. Very freeing. The Baby Girl and I are able to spend some good time together and we usually have therapy on those days too so that makes it good to be home as well so I can watch the therapist and learn from her directly.

The Girl is playing volleyball right now too and that takes a big chunk of time for our family. Not a that its a bad thing...quite the contrary, its a good thing, but just takes juggling, Games every Monday, sometimes two that night, puts us downtown at about 4 30 and returning home at 7 30 or 8 30. Practice the rest of the week is from 5 30 to 7 30, which means driving back up to OCS and then home again two more times during the day and often in traffic. Sadly our Jamie is on the fifth grade team so carpooling is out at least for this year. We miss her and her carpooling mom! I was amazed at how good the girls have gotten since this summer. Its quite amazing. Some of them have killer serves for girls their age and I LOVED watching the Girl hit the floor with total abandon to get a dig and popped that ball right back up! It was SWEET!

Today, we headed to Sea World in the morning. I love Sea World. Its such a family park with its exhibits and all. IT WAS SMOKING hot so we only stayed until about 12 30, but saw some great sea life. And of course took in my favorite show...BLUE HORIZONS. I cried. Always do.
Enjoy the pics.


Forget the cool dolphins, I want the MAP!

Blue Horizons


I love this girl so much!! Look at how hot it is, and humid, our hair is crazy!

Dolphin nursery



Petting a Sting Ray

Life is good when you are almost ONE!

My sweet girlies!

2 comments:

Vicki said...

So glad the new arrangement is working well!

Roses in December said...

Patti, She is like an adult! She has grown up! I remember Eric bringing her to Kindergarten! This is so hard to believe, I am feelin olllldddd. Wow, What a young lady.
Bren