Sunday, June 28, 2009

What do you do all day....summer edition

In response to the question, "what do you do all day..."

  • Wake up to the Baby Girl talking to herself on the monitor
  • Feed Baby Girl a bottle while watching last nights Tonite Show ( i love Conan!!!)
  • Put baby down to play on play mat
  • Put in a load of laundry
  • Empty Dishwasher
  • Put Baby Girl in the Bumbo because she is fussing (change of venue)
  • Put coffee on for E
  • Check my email/facebook/daily blogs (if time allows)
  • Make sure the man is up
  • Swap out laundry
  • Feed Baby Girl some solid food
  • Bathtime for Baby
  • Morning nap
  • Make bed
  • Roust pre-teen if she is not up already
  • Put on Makeup/take care of my locks
  • Change Baby girl who has made a poopie and wont go to sleep with a poopie diaper on
  • Offer suggestions to the Girl for breakfast
  • Fold Laundry
  • Remind the Girl to clean up her bathroom and make bed/clean room
  • Listen to protests from the Girl about cleanign her bathroom and making her bed/cleaning room
  • Remind the Girl that I am not a maid
  • Get dressed
  • Swap out laundry
  • Feed and water cat
  • Bottle for Baby Girl
  • Run errands: Target, Publix, Library, Dentist, Doctor, Play date, whatever that day calls for
  • Feed Baby solid food/Lunch for Girl
  • Nap time for Baby
  • Put up laundry
  • Tell the Girl she needs some "room time" also known as "get out of my hair for 30 minutes momma wants to watch a show time"
  • Lie on the sofa watching New Jersey Housewives
  • Drift off to sleep
  • Wake up to someone ringing the doorbell wanting to swim with the Girl
  • Start thinking about dinner
  • Offer popsicles to anyone in the pool
  • Vaccum with baby in one hand as she is afraid of the noise
  • Feed Baby bottle
  • Play with baby/therapy with baby/listen to baby scream in protest for 10 minutes while I put her through the positions
  • Remind the Girl that wet towels cannot stay on the carpet
  • Get bamboozled into letting kids watch a movie/serve popcorn
  • Chat on the phone
  • Put up remaining laundry
  • Put fussy baby in her crib for "rest time" ( 5-6 is hour knows as "piranah hour")
  • Get dinner moving
  • Kick kids outside for a bit
  • Remind the Girl that heat will not kill you unless you forget to stay hydrated.
  • Offer water bottle
  • Feed baby solid food
  • Recieve irritating phone call from husband saying he will be late.
  • Contemplate having cereal for dinner
  • Offer baby bottle
  • Put baby to bed
  • Have dinner with the girl/set aside plate for dad
  • Tell the Girl to get in the tub
  • Allow her to "finish her show" that she is watching on TV
  • Clean up dinner
  • Sweep floor
  • Set dishwasher going
  • Argue with the Girl about what time is bedtime
  • Watch 10 millionth episode of Zac and Cody with the Girl
  • Put passy in cranky baby's mouth
  • Read with the Girl
  • Brush hair so I dont look lik ea crazy person when husband gets home
  • Have a cigarette and a martini (just kidding...)
  • Que up something on the DVR
  • Roll eyes when husband gets home and says, "What, do you sit around like this all day?"
  • Throw husband's food into the trash
  • Slam door of bedroom
  • Open door and throw out pillow and blanket and scream, "I HOPE YOU LIKE SLEEPING ON THE SOFA!!"

TOTALLY kidding on the last part, although to be sure, its happened previous!

I suppose one of the the hardest parts of being a mom is dealing with the routine and the boredom of meeting other people's needs all day. Its that dying to self stuff. In all honesty. I just want someone to wait on me and take care of me, but that is not my calling right now. Still it can get tedious.

Having been in summer for three weeks now, I realize I am a better mom when I work some. It does me good to have structure and it does me good to get away and have my own "domain." Being here at home too much leads me to start obsessing over things and that is never good.

On the flip side, I am not as stressed when not working and Im definately more fun and lighthearted. I think its from not having so much in my brain all the time and always having to think of the next thing the next thing.

3 comments:

Vicki said...

What a fun peek into your daily life!

Truly, for me, I wish I was a full time Mom. I love every second of the tedium; however, that's not my calling right now either. :)

Enjoy the break!

Roses in December said...

The part I loved best was the "paranah hour"! My kids had the 7-8 p.m time and it was hideous. I couldn't wait to throw them in their beds - it's as if you CANNOT do a thing with them except bamboo shoots under the fingernails! And why... are they like that why....God does have a sense of humor.
(I also was gonna ask, when you were gonna have a cigarette in the midst of all of that - but, you covered that one girl)
Bren

Debby Sutton said...

Hey, at least you've moved in the world from "sitting around all day watching soaps, smoking cigarettes and eating Bonbons". That was always my mom's response.

She never shared her bonbons.

love it!