Saturday, July 11, 2009

Eyebrows


When E got home yesterday from work we all had a little pizza and I headed out the door. Between being sick and not feeling up to par and having the girlies all day for several days in a row and hosting other children I was ready to get out and have some alone time.


I felt good about going becasue the house was clean, the floor wiped, rugs vaccumed and laundry caught up. Sometimes when I leave it makes me anxious because I still have so much work to do at home and lord knows its not going to do itself. One realization that E came to while i was in the hospital is that its alot alot alot of work to care for children AND manage a home. When he is in charge its usually of just minding the children, but I think having to do it ALL for a week was alot for him. He's been so appreciative!)


My eyebrows were atrocious so I went to the local nail place to get them waxed.


Now I ask myself while Im lying there on the table..."WHY do I do this to myself?" Well of course the answer is beauty.


But really, in what realm do you voluntarily go to someone who will put hot wax on your face, then apply fabric to it, wait for it to cool and then RIP YOUR HAIR out of your forhead!?!? The kicker...that they have to do it several times to get it just right. THEN comes the tweazing.


Its not a very fun experience, but I have to say, the results are always good. Your face looks so much more open and clean.


Still, would a man every submit to this? I doubt it. But then again, men's bodies are like Jeeps...for getting around in (Seinfeld) where as a woman's body is a thing of beauty to behold.


Hot wax, anyone?

1 comment:

Vicki said...

Ha! I've never had that done, but have often thought about it.

I hope you're feeling like yourself again soon.